Tungsten Granule Reaction Theory
Tungsten granule is a catalyst, adding element for analyzing and flux, which is used for accelerating the reaction speed for testing carbon and sulfur content. Tungsten is a refractory metal with melting point of 3380℃, but easily oxidized under 650℃. And this is one of the reasons for tungsten granule to be flux.
Tungsten trioxide oxidized from granule is an acidic oxide, whose volume is loose. The oxidization process will speed up releasing of CO2 and SO2. Tungsten trioxide is sublimated at 900 ℃, which will leave the melting furnace and become solid under 700～800℃, cover over FE2O3 to prevent pipe from absorption sulfur.
Granule made of tungsten can be used independently, or combined with tin granule. The mixing flux can improve the single flux properties. The reaction theory of tungsten granule as adding element in analyzing C and S is as following:
1. Purify ooxygen and inflow oxygen into combustion furnace.
2. Sample tested will be oxidized under O2 atmosphere.
3. C is changed into CO2 and S into SO2.
4. Inflow the above gas into sulfur detection cell to testing content of S.
5. Inflow the remained mixed gas (CO2, CO, SO2 and O2) to catalyst furnace and change CO to CO2, SO2 to SO3.
7. Inflow the gas into carbon detection cell to test content of C.
If you have got any interest in tungsten granule, please feel free to contact Chinatungsten.
Tel.: +86 592 5129696/5129595/5127878
Fax:+86 592 5129797